Monday, April 12, 2010

cherry blossom 10 miler

It was this weekend! 3 months of training culminated in a gorgeous day for a run, and an awesome team of cloister friends to run with. and if you're reading this, I'm sure the next thing you want to know was my time! so while training, made a remodified goal of 80 min rather than 75 like my crazy new years plan. Although, the year is not OVER yet, so there is still time for me to make that goal....

ran in 81:56, so didn't make the under 80 goal either, but my time was not bad! I'm not overly ecstatic about my time, I think I could have done better - spent most of the first 5-6 miles weaving through people since I was seeded in the last wave (didn't have a pace time entered when I signed up). Will try to avoid that for the next race... (the next race?!). Honestly kind of jealous of the guys who ran the race and made it in 78/79 min (my goal!) and didn't even train. sigh on being a girl...

but in better perspective - ran 8:12 splits, WAY faster than I ever imagined I could have run 3 months ago. and placed #855/8813 women - top 10%! :D

1 comment:

jo. said...

congrats theresa! i'm so happy for you!